Reporting to: Manager, Deputy Manager, senior carers
Job Purpose: To ensure the home is of the highest standard of cleanliness at all times and to respect dignity, privacy and independence of clients at all times.
Closing date: 7th July 2021
- To direct and help a team of five.
- To make sure all audits and paperwork are completed on time.
- To clean toilets, handrails, any marks off walls and doors and floors in en-suites daily.
- To clean all sinks and cupboards under sinks in bedrooms daily.
- To mop, dust and clean bedrooms daily.
- To wipe clean all over-bed tables daily.
- To clean all areas in bathrooms, shower room and toilets daily.
- To vacuum, dust and clean lounges daily.
- To spring clean at least two bedrooms daily.
- To mop, dust and clean corridors daily and behind fire doors.
- To empty and clean bins in bedrooms, lounges and toilets daily.
- To report to senior staff if any resident gives cause for concern.
- To maintain confidentiality, privacy and dignity of residents at all times.
- To maintain good relationships with colleagues, clients, relatives, carers and all professionals involved in the care of the residents.
- To act in a manner, which is courteous, polite, friendly and considerate at all times.
- Ensure new staff feel welcomes and assist them in their new role.
- To assist in making residents feel welcomes in the home and helping prior to admissions by ensuring rooms are clean and tidy.
- To attend and contribute to staff meetings, training sessions and fire drills and to identify own training needs.
- To be aware of how equipment works and to report any faults that are found.
- To be aware of the need to report and document an accident or incident to the senior staff.
- To keep the home clean and tidy and ensure it is a safe environment.
- To respect all property that belongs to the residents and to the home, ensure faults are reported to management.
- To be committed to working in a changing environment, responding positively to new changes and be flexible to the changing needs of care.
- Observe and read the homes policies and procedures, and sign to say you have done so.
- Any other duties as may be required.
This is not an exhaustive list, and does not identify individual duties it is merely tended to be a guide to the roles and responsibility of a carer.